Here it is. The list that could stop all the worry and anxiety associated with what to pack when you hire one of our VW Campers.
The perfect checklist to run through when you hire one of our campers. You can also download and print a copy here.
The short break camping checklist
- Pop up tent useful for additional storage if needed
- Map or Sat Nav
- Picnic blanket
- Barbecue, coals, firelighters
- Washing up liquid, & sponge
- Bin bags
- Favourite drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk)
- Hand small bottles of water
Wine, olive oil, breakfast cereals, eggs, tomato puree, chorizo, already mixed herbs & spices of choice, bay leaves, salt & pepper, sugar, sauces of choice, vinegar, garlic, onions, stock cubes, parmesan (stores well when on the road) red & green pesto, pickle, sweetcorn, baked beans, tinned tuna, snacks, sweet biscuits, crackers, peanut butter & jam, nuts & dried fruit, pasta & rice. Beers!
Tortilla wraps, flatbread pittas & fajitas are a great substitute for bread which last longer if they’re kept in a container.
Enough ingredients for your first meal when you’ve set up camp if they’re not already included above.
- Mattress protector or thin roll mat
- Bed sheets
- Hot water bottles
- Duvet or sleeping bags
- Pyjamas or nightdress
- Waterproof jacket
- Long sleeved fleece
- Flip flops, Sandals or crocks
- Toilet roll
- Travel Kleenex packs
- Wash bag
- Wet wipes or flannels
- Toothbrush, paste, floss & mouthwash
- Comb & travel hair brush
- Sun cream
- Lip balm
- Creams, shampoo, conditioner & body soap
- Torch (check batteries)
- Charging wires & adapters
- Digital camera
- Portable DVD player & DVDs
- Digital Camcorder
- All campers are provided with a basic first aid kit with plasters, bandages, etc. but you may want to bring
- Paracetamol tablets
- Hand sanitising gel
- Mosquito repellent
- After bite cream for mosquito bites
Useful Bits & Pieces
- Ear plugs
- Day bag / small rucksack
- Headtorches for everyone to have as their own. This helps reassure kids at night.
- Guide books & maps
- Novel, reading material, iPad or Kindle
Games & Activities
- Outdoor games like Frisbee, cricket, rounders, football, Boules, etc.
- Pack of cards
- Travel games such as scrabble, chess, checkers, dominoes, snakes & ladders, & backgammon
- Puzzle books, colouring books & pens